One of the yearly things to do for a steam boiler is a hydro-static test.
You fill the boiler 100% full with water, and water isn't compressible - hence the term hydraulic. So you put a little more water to bring up the pressure to 1.25 times the Maximum Allowable Working Pressure(MAWP). No. 176 (nyitra's boiler) has a MAWP of 200 PSI [~14bar]. So I filled it with water at 250 PSI[~17 bar] and it held that pressure. So Safety nuts - there is your hydro test for the next year: Pass.
And I threw the Toledo engine on Deck in preparation for the transmission installation. Boiler + Steam Engine + Hull = Steamboat! The boiler has it's bonnet and stack again. The bucket on top of that is to keep water from falling into the boiler when not in use.
-AKJ
It's amazing to think of all you have done for the Nyitra project!
ReplyDeleteHey it's Josh from work. I finally got a chance to look at your blog, and I'm impressed with all the work you have done already as well! Everything's looking good!!
ReplyDelete